Thank you for your generous contributions! We are blessed to have approximately $1,400 thus far of our $44,000. We are blessed, but we also have a LONG way to go.
We have sent approximately 180 letters so far, and we have over 100 more to send out. We have also sent our information packet to 8 churches, and 6 have given favorable responses. We have asked a church to be our supporting congregation, and we are waiting to hear back from them. (Should be any day now...)
Again, thanks for your support and prayers. Here are our prayer requests for the week:
1. Fundraising: Continue praying that God will bring in the money that we need for our work.
2. New baptisms: The Caballito church has had four baptisms in the last month or so. Of those, 3 were at least a partial result of LST efforts.
3. Training: Megan and I are in the midst of training for this experience.
- We are doing LST training, from the DVD training series to book reviews of various pertinent books. (We are currently reading Paul Hiebert's Anthropological Insights for Missionaries, and we recently finished Celebration of Discipline and Pilgrim's Heart).
- We are also both studying Spanish using the Fluenz software. We are both progressing along nicely, but still have a LONG way to go before we would feel comfortable in the language. Please pray for these efforts.
- All of this is on top of the work we are already doing, Daniel in his campus ministry and Megan in her work. We both work full-time, and then also do training on the side. On top of that, Daniel will begin a CPE training class next week in order to study hospital chaplaincy more in depth in order to possibly begin a CPE residency when we return. Pray for our sanity, as much of our time is filled!
4. Buenos Aires: Pray for the people of Buenos Aires.
- If you are a fan of international news, you have probably seen that there has been some civil unrest in BA in the past few weeks. There is an energy shortage due to the huge rise in oil prices. This is coming during the holiday season (also their summer break), and temperatures are at record highs. The people are angry that their air conditioning systems aren't working because the power is off. Pray for peace and an end to their frustrations.
- Pray for the people that we will be working with. We don't know their names yet, but God does. They are all his children, and God will lead us to the people that he needs us to influence. Pray for those we have yet to meet.
- Pray also for the Caballito church, that God will continue to make them passionate for him. Pray for the missionaries and ministers as well, that God will continue to fill them with the Holy Spirit and empower them for Good Works.
Thanks again for all of your prayer and support. God bless you in all you are doing!
Daniel and Megan